Mumbai Indians Team
The Mumbai Indians team was formed on January 24, 2008, for the IPL. Indiawin Sports, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries, is the franchisee of the team. Mukesh Ambani owns the team, and Nita Ambani is the co-owner. The captain of this team is Rohit Sharma, and the coach’s responsibility has been given to Mark Boucher. The team was initially named Mumbai Razors but was changed to Mumbai Indians at the suggestion of Sachin Tendulkar.
The team played its first match against Royal Challengers Bangalore on April 20, 2008. Wankhede Stadium of Mumbai is the home ground of the team. On several occasions, Nita Ambani is seen representing the team.
Table of Contents
Mumbai Indians IPL
- The team was founded in 2008.
- Indiawin Sports own it.
- It is the first IPL team to cross $100 million brand value.
- The team has so far won 5 IPL championships.
- These years are 2013,2015,2017,2019, and 2020.
- The Mumbai Indians (MI) team also holds the record for most IPL wins.
- The team’s motto is ‘Duniya Hila Denge Hum’ (Meaning in English- We will rock the world).
- The kit manufacturer of the team is Performax.
- The primary color of the team’s jersey is blue.
- The logo of the team is Sudarshan Chakra.
- MI’s official website is mumbaiindians.com.
Mumbai Indians Jersey 2023
- The primary color is blue.
- The golden stripes are visible on both sides of the jersey.
- The back sponsor of the shirt is DHL.
- Slice sponsored the front shirt.
- Chest’s branding goes to IDFC First Bank.
Mumbai Indians Logo
- The primary focus of the logo is on the Sudarshan Chakra.
- Sudarshan Chandra belongs to the Hindu God Vishnu.
- The literal meaning of Sudarshan Chakra is Auspicious Vision.
- It’s a whirling disc-type weapon.
- This divine weapon is constantly in motion.
- This Chakra is not thrown at the enemies but annihilates them by going to them with willpower.
- The ChakraChakra (circle) in the previous logo was shown anticlockwise.
- Now it is in a clockwise direction.
- The ChakraChakra in the logo is cast in dark blue.
- Yellow and red colors are depicted on the ChakraChakra.
- The Sudarshan ChakraChakra is supported by two arched strokes in orange and green.
- Below the Chakra, Mumbai Indians are written in bold and blue letters.
Mumbai Indians IPL wins.
MI won the championship in 2013 for the first time since the IPL started in 2008. Mumbai Indians have won the championship five times since their inception. It is the title ever won by an IPL team.
The following are the Mumbai Indians’ IPL victories so far:
- The final of 2013 was played between MI and CSK (Chennai Super Kings).
- It was a day-night match.
- It was played at Eden Gardens Kolkata.
- In this match, Pollard scored 60 runs in 32 balls for MI.
- As a result, MI defeated CSK by 23 runs and won the title.
- Man of the Match honors for the contest went to Pollard.
- MI’s score was 148/9 in 20 overs.
- CSK’s score was 125/9 in 20 overs.
- The final match of the 2015 IPL was also between CSK and MI.
- This match occurred on May 24, 2015, at the Eden Garden stadium in Kolkata.
- Mumbai’s score was 202/5 in 20 overs.
- CSK could reach only 161/8 in 20 overs.
- MI won the match by 41 runs
- In IPL 2017, the final match was played between MI and Rising Pune Supergiant.
- This match took place on May 21, 2017.
- The game was held at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Mumbai’s Krunal Pandya scored 47 runs.
- MI beat Pune by just one run to win the title.
- Krunal Pandya was awarded the man of the match.
- The final of the 2019 IPL was played on May 2.
- It was played between CSK and MI.
- The match was played at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Hyderabad.
- MI won the title by a margin of just one run.
- The final of IPL 2020 was played on November 10.
- The match was played between MI and Delhi Capitals.
- The match was played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
- MI defeated Delhi Capitals by five wickets and won the title for the 5th time.
Mumbai Indians Merchandise
You can buy much apparel of your choice with the logo of Mumbai Indians.
It is very glamorous to look at and gives a proud feeling.
If you go to the stadium to watch the match, you must wear it to encourage the team. It is available at a reasonable price.
You can buy the same on the official site of Mumbai Indians from this link https://shop.mumbaiindians.com/
Mumbai Indians Twitter
Regarding staying updated with social media, one must remember Twitter.
MI have their own Twitter handle. By following this, you can be the first to get new information about match events, upcoming matches, and players. Join the Twitter account from the link below:
Who is the captain of the Mumbai Indians Team?
Rohit Sharma is the captain of Mumbai Indians in 2023.
What is the Slogan/motto of Mumbai Indian?
The motto of the Mumbai Indians team is ‘Duniya Hila Denge Hum’.